Doctor Program in Non Formal Education
|Name of the Study Program||:||Doctor Program in Non Formal Education (M.Ed)|
|Management Unit of the Study Program||:||The School of Postgraduate Studies Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia|
|Address||:||Jl. Dr. Setiabudhi No. 299 Bandung|
|Homepage dan E-mail Addres||:||http://sps.upi.edu dan email@example.com|
|Date of Study Program Establishment||:||21 Oktober 1993, Based on Degree|
Extension of Operating License by Decree Number: 4114/UN40/PI/2016 tanggal 09 Mei 2016
|Recent Accreditation Rangking||:||A, Based on the Decree number: 055/BAN-PT/Akred/D/II/2014 1 Februari 2014|
|Quality Management System||:||ISO 9001:2008, No.: 01 100 106374, 18 Des 2014 (Accredited by TUV Rheinland Cert GmbH)|
|Degree title Awarded||:||Dr. (Doctor Pendidikan Luar Sekolah)|
Lequivalent to Doctor in Non Formal Education
|Addmission Requirements||:||Bachelor Degree GPA of 3,00;|
A TOEFL scor of 475 or its equivalents,
and Passing the English and Academic Aptitude Test
|Lenght of Study||:||3 years (6 semesters)|
|Total Credit Requirements||:||47-59 SKS|
|Garduation Requirements||:||A minimum GPA of 3,00, A Toefl score of 475, Scientific Publication in a Journal or Proceeding of National/International Seminar|
|Futher Education||:||Doctoral Degree in Non Formal Education or its equivalents|
Non Formal Education Doctoral Program (S3) in Indonesian University of Education was established on 1 Mei, 1963 by the Decree of the Directorate of Higher Education No. 588/DIKTI/Kep/19693.
The graduates become experts, specialists/professionals who fear God Almighty, cultured Indonesia, honest, independent, work ethic high, and able to develop and apply the concepts of knowledge in the field of Non Formal education and community development. Based on curriculum that composed mainly in NFE Studies Program provides guidelines regarding student learning experiences during the study. The Curriculum in NFE Program is dynamic in the sense that the structure and content of the curriculum changes periodically and continuously according to the evaluation results based on the development of science, technology and art as well as the growing demands in community, curriculum is also based on the guidelines and curriculum of Indonesia University of Education. The accreditation of NFE Program Studies that gaint from National Accreditation Board for Higher Education with qualification A No. 055/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/D/II/2014.
The general objective of Nonformal Education as a program of study is to create scholars and practitioners in the field of Nonformal education and community development who are meant to work as professional Instructors/educators, practitioners, researchers, and development workers in both Institutions of higher learning and in out of school time programs (communities). In addition, the specific objectives of the program include:
- To develop philosophical concepts, theories, and principles of science in the field of Nonformal Education and Community Development.
- To develop instructional methodologies and learning materials for the teaching of concepts and theories in the practice of nonformal Education and Community Development.
- To develop a capable manpower in Nonformal education for Institutions of higher learning.
- To prepare and improve the quality of academicians and professionals of Nonformal Education, and also experts in the development of the field in science, technology and arts for the field of out of school education and Community Development.
- To improve the professional services in the field of Nonformal Education and Community Education.
The expected learning outcomes for the Doctoral Degree in Non Formal Education Study Program of the School of Post Graduate Studies of UPI cover a range of abilities, as follow:
- Showed mastery in develop science in training, community development and nonformal and informal education in government and private institutions that are innovative and verified.
- Mastery in philosophy of education and social to create variety of works in training, community development and non-formal and informal education in government and private institutions.
- Analyze and synthesize knowledge to solve problems in training, community development and non-formal and informal education through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Analyze, synthesize and develop various concepts and theories that have novelty in training, community development and non-formal and informal education
- Demonstrate academic leadership in managing, developing and coaching resources and organizations that are under its responsibility in training, community development and non-formal and informal education.
- Lead, manage and conduct research in training, community development and non-formal and informal education.
- Publish the results of research to gain national or international recognition in training, community development and non-formal and informal education in government and private institutions.
The required course groups and tital credits for the students of the Doctor’s Degree in Non Formal Education Study Program are listed in the folowing table.
|Nr||Course Group||Total Credits||Percentage|
Information: *not plot
Assessment of learning outcomes in each subject shall refer to Implementation Guidelines Academic UPI. Components in the syllabus and assessment unit documented event perkulaiahan (SAP) of each course and these ratings reflect the results of student learning and achievement of program content as an implementation of the curriculum. Components of the assessment of learning outcomes is generally obtained through midterms (UTS) and final exams (UAS). In addition to UTS and UAS, assessment component also includes tasks such as presentation of individual/groups, performance assessment, portfolio, research mini-report, and the manufacture of paper.
In addition to the course assessment, learning assessment system also includes a qualifying exam which is the determination of whether a student can continue studies or not. Students can take the exam if they have a minimum qualification consists of 24 credits and a minimum TOEFL score of 450. The material is tested on a qualifying examination consists of matter of learning methods, philosophy of school education, and research methods. Students passed the qualifying exams if the minimum value reached 2.75. For students who do not meet the minimum, allowed to follow the remedial exam, one month after the first qualification exam. Students who do not pass the second qualifying examinations would otherwise drop out (DO).
Completion of the study’s end S3 level reached by the Disertation. The process of drafting the Disertation begins with the preparation of research proposals guided by the supervisor and the Disertation proposal seminar continued review by three lecturers. After the seminar students can conduct research proposal and Disertation writing with the guidance of one or two lecturers. After preparation of the Disertation is completed, students take the exam Disertation consists of two stages: Examination Phase I and Phase II exam.
Here are some areas that can be examined for student research within the framework of my Disertation.
- Family Education and Early Childhood Education (ECD)
- Human Resource Development (HRD) and training
- Basic Education and Sustainable
- Empowerment and Community Development
Curriculum of Non formal education study program implemented systematically and coherently both internally (between the components in the curriculum) and external (points to the link with the world of work). Lecturer study program geared to manage lecture by optimizing the potential of students based on the attitudes and behavior based on good values and local wisdom. Lectures in Prodi developed in an effort to deliver students to the achievement of objectives (learning outcomes), and by promoting a culture of academic (academic culture) healthy.
Various student services developed to allow students to achieve optimal learning outcomes and graduate on time. Some services provided include language courses, a variety of workshops writing scientific papers, writing a research proposal and thesis are held at least once a year.
In addition, there is a medium of communication between the students in the form of Student Communication Forum that allows cross-generation student interaction and cross-study program to be able to exchange ideas. This forum also allows students to organize a variety of academic and social activities.
Further information about Non formal Education can be found at:
The handbook providing education UPI (http://upi.edu)
Books curriculum in 2015 Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
Leaflets / brochures about Non formal Education
Academic information in the graduate school website upi (http://upi.edu)
Academic information in the website Non formal Education, Doctoral program (http://pls.sps.upi.edu)